Thursday 17 May 2012

Are we there yet?




My mother's face says it all in this picture. We had gone on a beach trip and she was not happy to find the mode of transport to the beach from the hotel, (in her words) was a cattle truck. I think she would have been happy if she had one of those motor hair nets as advertised in the vintage advertisment.

This is a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout. I used Tim Holtz stamps. Tattered florals die to make the roses and blue flowers. Most of the paper is  Up, Up, Away by KaiserCraft. All the other images are vintage imagery I have saved on my computer. I added a few new items like the two cent coin that we no longer have but was still in mint when we did the trip. The enjoy the journey part has a pull out tag where I've journalled - I ended up dangling a sea horse charm off the punched hole end of the pocket where the tag is.

The advertisment for the hair net inspired the colorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment