Sunday 27 May 2012

Country roads



This card is like the song Country Roads. The road is very American but still something every one can relate to who has ever driven or walked down a dirt track as we Australians say. It has been a long time since I've walked a country road. Longer again since I've rode a bicycle. I suppose it is never too late to try both again.

The papers are a mix from my stash - kaiser craft and a freebie pack from an old magazine. The post card image and tiny scrap flowers are from a book called Transport by Instant Memories. The bicycle is a free digi-stamp from Tidbitstrinkets . I printed it out, added it to some card and then cut around it. After that I inked the edges up in a red to match the poppies in the background. The country road image is a feebie image from Old Photo Album Once again I printed it out, added the image to some light weight card and inked the edges. The 'Time is a companion' is a stamp from Tim Holtz stamps. I did the same for the stamped images as for the bicycle digi-stamp.

Lastly for a vintage touch I used some old lace trim and inked it up in a green to match the photoimage. I also added some blue hand dye silk ribbon. Then some white paper flowers were inked up in yellow to match the flowers in the picture.

I think it might be nice to take some photographs of my own and see if I can do the same as I did with this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment