Sunday 6 May 2012

Away with the fairies.








Do you play with the Fairies? I do; it doesn’t matter if they are paper fairies. The paper doll fairies were from the thrift store found in a book about flower fairies. The book is not vintage but the artist who originally painted the flower fairies is. Two of the fairies were missing and the rest were still in the book ready to play with.

The Cosmos, they are from my dad’s garden. The flowers are native to Mexico and like the heat, as I like all things Mexican – but not the heat - it comes as no surprise these bright cheery flowers are one of my favourites too. I’ll press them in the envelope for later. 

After all that, a flower fairy tag had to be made. I used Tim Holtz tag die. I wanted a birds nest so found some of my dyed threads and made a mock one, complete with eggs. The stamp is Kaiser Craft. The music paper is from Grace Taylor's Vintage paper stack.  Glossy accents was used after on the flowers to give a dew look.

Are you enjoying life’s moments too, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment