Tuesday 23 April 2013

Quiet days



 

The skies are overcast and rain is looking to move in. These are times to spend indoors with a touch of painting. I’ve been inspired to make my own plant signs for my garden using old bits of timber found around our house. It was a bit of an exercise to use the tools to make the signs but I achieved the results in the end. More on that later.


 

Lunch time and there is plenty of fresh salad with easy to do quiche.

 

 
You will need 4 eggs. 1 1/2 cups of milk. 1/2 cup of self raising flour. 1/2 cup of grated cheese. 11/2 cups of filling of choice. Mix in bowl eggs, milk, self raising flour. Add cheese and fillings. Bake in preheated oven at 180 c for 40 minutes or until set. Serve hot or cold.

Base:
Mix together butter, flour, and a pinch of salt until mixture resembles breacrumbs. Add 1 egg yolk and 1/4 cup chilled water, mix together. Form pastry into disc, then wrap in plastic wrap and regrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface until 5mm thick then line spring form tin pressing pastry evenly in sides and base. Trim excess pastry at top. Prick base with a fork. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat ove to 190 c. Line pastry case with baking paper, then fill to top with dried beans and bake fir 30 minutes. Remove beans, then paper, and bake pastry for a further 15 minutes. Brush base immediately with 1 eggwhite.
 
 

My dad and I also went thrifting to stores I usually don’t go to. I found some lovely vintage treasures for next to nothing.  I brought home some clothing items I’m starting to favour, long skirts and blouses. I also found a beautiful handmade quilt that is very heavy and will be really warm for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment