Thursday 23 May 2013

Sweet roses

 
On youtube I found a channel - work4ever123, showing how to make rolled roses with a glue gun. I spent the some time using the tutorial to make a batch of my own roses. Some roses were more successful than others, the glue was not very forgiving.  I thought though I could hide the terrible ones by adding glitter to them. So none will be wasted. The burlap roses were something a little different!


Once I master the glue gun these will be very pretty to add to scrapbooking items. (Look at that mess).

 
Eventually with some other kinds of fabric, I mastered the glue gun and the finished item looked very pretty and less messy. Of course you could dispense with the glue and sew them instead.

 
For now it is always nice to have a touch of roses on cards while the real ones fade during winter. The rolled roses also can use up lengths of fabric scraps you have so there’s a good reason to give these ones a try!
 


And I made a card with some of the finished rolled roses. The paper is from Grace Taylor from the stack called : Millie’s garden. The ink I used was Stazon ink in black and the stamp is from FLONZ, who you can find on ebay. I used the last of my stick pins from the NZ scrappers group swap (now on facebook) and an assortment of other items I had in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment