Friday 4 April 2014

Autumn tones


 
While out and about in town I found this berry fabric for a couple of dollars. I found some tea towels to match and have plans for embroidering kitchen linens.
 
 
A search online and I found some vintage embroidery patterns to match the berry fabric and the tea towels. I've just about finished up some other home kitchen items I have been working on and I will show them soon. It doesn't cost the earth to begin small house hold items like these. Pillow cases, tea towels are always so cheap if you look around, even for the better quality type ones. Potholders and dishclothes also are very cheaply done and are easy enough for even beginners. If you are crocheting potholders and dishclothes, like I intend to; always use 100 % cotton thread as it will be much easier to wash the items and they can withstand a lot of hot water.
 
For crochet dishcloths and potholders there are free patterns at yarnspiration
 
Online there are plenty of free pattens for vintage embroidery to keep anyone happy, here are some sites to begin with:
 
Free vintage patterns at Needlecrafter
 
Sentimental Baby has some vintage patterns a mix of embroidery, cross stitch, crochet, and knit.  Sentimental Baby
 
If you search Pinterest there are more links to various sites as well.

 
I've also been doing baking. I couldn't find the cookie cutters so I made do.
 

 
A current thrift store find was this small oil lamp. The pin part is broken but I like it and it goes with my other oil lamp collections.

 
And there is always time to stop and rub Mister Simba's tummy when he asks. (the toy cow he has had since he was a puppy. The ears are missing, the tail is long gone, and the cow is knawed through. We've tried to convince him to try new ones exactly the same but he isn't fooled.)

I hope everyone is having a fine day or evening where ever you are.

Linking to:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment