Thursday 17 April 2014

sweet delights


 
I've been doing some papery crafting and managed to produce a couple of cards for the holidays this weekend and I also made myself a needlebook to help with all the sewing I am doing of late.

 
The vintage girls are from this website Magic Moonlight Free Images I used a few different papers from my stash to create these cards.


 
This girl I did some collage stamping using two or three different stamps on the small squared background behind the girl's head. I cut her out and added her layering on a few different paper backgrounds. I stamped a little banner, added a home made stick pin and other little touches to finish her off. The main stamp 'enjoy life's moments' is from KaiserCraft.


 
 
For this girl I wanted to use a rose embossing folder I recently brought and layered the embossed back ground on a brown card. I stamped a rose stamp a couple of times and used watercolour paints for the roses. Then I made up a tiny envelope and arranged the cut roses accordingly. I used a tiny butterfly punch to add some butterflies and I added a ribbon trim and some bling. The rose stamp was a gift from I don't know where...The Best Easter Wishes is from a FLONZ Easter stamp set.


The needlebook I used dark brown felt for the 'pages'. The cover uses Kaisercraft paper 'Timeless'. The stamp set is My favourite things sewing die set. I added some handcoloured flowers and a real vintage scrap. The book closes with a ribbon and has a decorative ribbon on the 'spine'.

 
Here, you can just see the brown felt pages that are inside the needlebook. For the cover I used recycled cardboard from a cup-a-soup box ( I used two stuck together to make it hardy).
 
Clearly by the colours used in this set I am already thinking about Easter chocolate! Whatever you do this weekend have a good one.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment