Tuesday 21 October 2014

Cottage flowers


 
It's been mostly cool and fine days here of late and I've been out collecting flowers from the garden to press, dry, and use for cottage-y projects.
 
 
I collected some of the roses from the front garden and added in other flowers like lavender, heliotrope and some mint leaves too.  These will air dry right down into a small amount I can use later.


 
I've been drying this lavender for a while and it is crispy dry ready to be put in potpourri.
 
 
Other leaves like roses leaves and geranium petals I've pressed and added to some cheap store brought candles. The other candles I decopauged and painted.  All this cost hardly nothing except some slow time to dry and press. I've also been making cards from scrap stash.
 
 
 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening wherever they are.
 

1 comment:

  1. More lovely work, Shiralee! I am looking forward to seeing what you are going to bring to display at our next workshop.

    ReplyDelete