Thursday 27 November 2014

Vintage mail


 
The weather is lovely today, and while it is cooler I've been putting together some mail to send off to strangers around the world to write to. I've used a large amount of items from my stash to pop into the mail with the letter. Some letters I made them with themes, like the rose one above and some have random themes. I keep everything flat (ish) and light so when I send them the postage won't cost me an arm and a leg.

 
This one is actually items wrapped to go into the envelope. You might notice the back ground paper is from the one's I created here. The image and the sentiment are from thrift store brought Christmas cards left over from the stack of cards I used for the December daily. The card has simple corner punches and lightly inked edges. It didn't need anything else done to it. I also added a hint of bling and to the background paper I added washi tape and some some crepe paper ruffles. If you are using scrapbooking bling that has flourishes and such, cut it up into smaller pieces to go further.

 
This is an envelope with Carl Larrson images on the front and the back. From a magazine. I added some washi tape and scrapbook paper elements.

 
The liner has tea themed imagery and I finished it off with a collage bow and butterfly. I always like to ink the edges of the work in a matching colour or in black ink to tie it all together and make it look finished. When I'm done I also coat it with clear artist matt varnish to make it a bit more sturdy.
Now all I have to do is write the letters to go in side.
 
 
 
This envelope uses some a vintage photograph and some scrapbooking elements. I stenciled the paper background.
 
If you would like mail from me for penpal, feel free to send me your snail mail addy at vintagepapery (Gmail.com).

 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening whereever they are.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness me, Shiralee, you have been busy. Lots of lovely items going in the mail soon.

    ReplyDelete