Thursday 15 January 2015

Home life

 The weather today is what the older ladies in my family would say was: "A good drying day" Meaning it was fair, warm, windy sort of day; good for putting clothes out on the line to dry. Which I did. The house looked a bit shabby to me and while the parents were out for visits I set about cleaning. It's easy to romance homemaking cleaning chores but really cleaning is an awful job (to me at any rate). Especially in the heat. But I digress. The day was a good one too for opening all the windows and letting in fresh air. The laundry was done, along with the dusting and vacuuming and moping. Then every thing was taken off the line.

 
I'm not a perfectionist in anything but I try when it comes to cleaning. So I take a few hours getting into everything. I did mum and dad's room as I noticed it was looking a bit stale. My room was already cleaned...as much as I can with that room. I have a love hate relationship with it. I think right now I need to declutter again.

 
Meanwhile I have some patchwork pillow cases I came across. And some crochet trim I did. So I'll be adding the crochet trim and putting the pillow cases away for the one day house.
 


I also have some lavender drying. But the humid weather isn't helping with any of my flower drying. One lot is mildew-y so it had to be tossed out. I need to find a drier place. Hopefully the lavender will dry better. It's one of those days where nothing really interesting happens but a lot is accomplished and there's satisfaction in that alone. I think it was Anne from Anne of Avonlea who talked about those kinds of days:
 
 
“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever they are

2 comments:

  1. I like that patchwork pillow, Shiralee. It is funny you should mention Anne as I am going to buy the Anne of Green Gables set of DVDs for my daughter for her birthday. I think my grandchildren will love them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      The pillow cases were very easy to make. Oh, the DVD set will be like. The show and the books are my favourite.
      - Shiralee

      Delete