Sunday 15 May 2016

Autumn Orange


It was a cooler morning this morning and still slightly over cast. I've been painting of late but the truth is I'm not feeling it. I'm in a bit of a artist block and it doesn't help I can't seem to find a subject and style I like. I'll paint through the block and hopefully something will come of it. I did an art journal page cutting up a piece of art I did at art class and rearranged the image then added in a scripture quote I thought fitted. 


As you can see I was inspired by my pot marigolds. This is mixed media on paper. The scripture is Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. 

At home, I've also been cutting up and using some pumpkins Dad grew in his garden. I'm saving the seeds to start my own. If you have this Queensland blue pumpkin type growing at home and using it for mash Mum told me to add some sugar into it before you mash to sweeten the taste of it. 


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Love what you did on the painting Shiralee, such comforting words. I have never tried the Qld blue pumpkin before, I always get Jap or the "Old Blue". Managed to get a few Japs and one old blue, so now I have plenty to last the winter. Just remember when you plant a pumpkin, keep to the same type, otherwise they cross pollinate and you end up with very unusual ones, guess how I know this??? hmmm not telling, ha ha. Guida

    ReplyDelete