Friday 23 September 2016

Flower colours


We had a lot of rain and it finally cleared up, though it did bring a bit of wind and chill through the air. September in our part of the world brings the Carnival of flowers, that is held each year. Every year a garden is selected as a winner and visitors then can tour all the gardens open for the Carnival.

My aunt and I, took a visit to the reserved champion garden, and it was a glorious show of colour and flowers. I took a video so will have that up soon for everyone to have a look at.


The reserve champion won last year and I don't know why it didn't win again this year.



I've also been at home puttering around, preparing for a craft stall in October. I'm not sure if I need some kind of intervention or if I should even admit that much of the material shown here came out of my stash. I've used up a lot of scraps. The little folk art paintings, I brought the canvases in a packet of six and never quite knew what to do with them; now they are being useful.

Over all this is definitely a learning curve. I'm learning I'm rubbish at trying to make things all the same. I really can't do a production line.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are

5 comments:

  1. That Reserve Champion was beautiful, Shiralee. I might check out a couple of neighbouring gardens in Arabian Street before the Carnival finishes. One of them is really quirky and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      It was well worth the tour. And the weather is nice enough today to get the last of the garden tours in. Hope you are enjoying the fine weather.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  2. Loved all these pictures. The flowers are so beautiful. Our weather is too hot here in Texas to grow those kinds of gardens, but I enjoy seeing others. Your craft stash sounds like mine...lol. Hope you do well at the stall - you have some cute stuff here.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and your craft stall goodies are really great. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful flowers Shiralee. At least your using your stash, I just seem to tidy mine occasionally.

    ReplyDelete