Tuesday 17 January 2017

Slow days


The weather has been hot, hot, hot. It's slow days here, pottering around in the cool of the house. I go out in the early morning in the cooler temps to see to my container plants. They need a good drink of water in this weather and I've been cutting back a lot of the plants. The heat loving plants are doing well: Basil is growing madly in the heat.



Some of the cuttings I've used for potpourri and I've dried a lot more of the kitchen herbs: Sage, Rosemary, and I have chamomile flowering now too. It took a long time to come into flower.

As usual I've also been stitching, painting and such. The tea towel in the first image was done using crayon tinting and I used a fine tip laundry marker for the out line instead of stitching. I have the finished tea towel up for sale in my easy shop: HildaandLillian.etsy.com

For those of us in the Southern Hemisphere I hope you are staying cool.

Spider web embroidery on a crazy quilt round robin 

I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment