Monday 19 March 2018

Cottage Journal : Sweet life


Autumn in Australia begins on March 1st, I don't think we've had much of an Autumn for now, it feels a bit like late Spring. This time, in March, there's an annual church market I go to, just around the corner from us. I always bring a little treat home; this year I brought home date loaf and these chocolate chip biscuits (cookies).


I have a small collection of thrift store brought pillow cases which do not have mates to them. I'm embroidering some vintage embroidery patterns onto them and I'll use these mismatch pillow cases to sit in front of the main ones as a bit of decoration. This pillow case still has the label on the inside and it says it's percale...it's very soft. I'm using crayon tinting technique for this pillow case. I have a tutorial for crayon tinting technique Here .



I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shiralee. I always enjoy reading your blog. I have some much loved embroidered pillowcases from my dear Mom. Unfortunately, I cannot embroidery. It's always amazing to me to see you intricate and lovely embroidery work. Have a wonderful week. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat,
      thanks for dropping by. My mum was a dressmaker and did a lot of crocheting, neither of which I can do really well. So I have a few of her crochet pieces.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery is beautiful, Shiralee. I thought we were back in summer over the weekend but thankfully today is quite cool so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      The weather has been really strange. I'm not sure what type of Winter to expect.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful embroidery! I'm so glad yall are getting some cooler weather!
    Many Blessings!
    M

    ReplyDelete